Lamb Cutlets A La Condi Recipe
Recipe for Lamb Cutlets A La Condi
Lamb Cutlets A La Condi is a classic dish that originated in France. It is named after its creator, Chef Auguste Escoffier, who was renowned for his culinary expertise and innovative recipes. The dish was first introduced in the late 19th century and quickly gained popularity among food enthusiasts.
The term "Condi" in the dish's name is derived from the French word "condiment," which means seasoning or sauce. This highlights the importance of the flavorful ingredients used in the recipe, enhancing the overall taste and presentation of the lamb cutlets.
- Lamb cutlets (6-8 pieces)
- Truffle strips
- Anchovy fillets
- Gherkin strips
- Fresh bread crumbs
- Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- Capers (finely chopped)
- Chives (finely chopped)
- Shallot (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Butter (for sautÃ©ing)
- Crepinette (thin pork caul fat or cheesecloth)
- Browned veal gravy (for serving)
- Sliced lemon (for serving)
1. Prepare the Lamb Cutlets:
- Using a sharp knife, carefully lard the lamb cutlets with strips of truffle, anchovy, and gherkin.
- Make small incisions in the lamb and insert the larding ingredients, ensuring they are evenly distributed.
2. Prepare the Dressing:
- In a bowl, combine the fresh bread crumbs, finely chopped mushrooms, capers, chives, and shallot.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Add a small amount of butter to bind the dressing ingredients together, ensuring it holds its shape.
3. Coat the Lamb Cutlets:
- Take each larded lamb cutlet and generously spread the dressing mixture on both sides.
- Use a crepinette (thin pork caul fat or cheesecloth) to cover each lamb cutlet, securing the dressing in place.
4. Cook the Lamb Cutlets:
- Heat a frying pan or grill over medium heat and add a small amount of butter.
- Place the coated lamb cutlets onto the hot surface and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Ensure the cutlets are cooked to a light brown and the dressing is crispy.
5. Garnish and Serve:
- Once the lamb cutlets are cooked, remove them from the heat and sprinkle very fine browned bread crumbs over the top.
- Serve the Lamb Cutlets A La Condi with a side of browned veal gravy and sliced lemon for added flavor.
Similar Recipe Dishes:
If you enjoy Lamb Cutlets A La Condi, you may also like these similar recipe dishes:
1. Lamb Wellington:
- This dish features seasoned lamb wrapped in puff pastry with a layer of mushroom duxelles and prosciutto. It is then baked to perfection, resulting in a savory and visually stunning dish.
2. Lamb Satay Skewers:
- These skewers showcase tender marinated lamb pieces, cooked on a grill or barbecue and served with a delicious peanut sauce. It is a flavorful and exotic twist on traditional lamb dishes.
3. Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb:
- This recipe includes a rack of lamb coated with a mixture of fresh herbs, breadcrumbs, and garlic. It is then roasted until perfectly pink and tender, creating a mouthwatering dish.
Whether you prefer the classic elegance of Lamb Cutlets A La Condi or enjoy trying new variations, lamb dishes are known for their rich flavor and versatility. Experiment with different recipes to discover your favorite preparation methods and seasonings.