Saute Of Shrimps Recipe
Saute of Shrimps Recipe:
Saute Of Shrimps is a classic seafood dish that has been enjoyed by many for centuries. This dish originated from coastal regions where shrimps are abundant and have been a popular ingredient in various cuisines. Sauteing shrimps in a savory butter sauce enhances their natural flavors, creating a delightful and appetizing dish. Let's dive into the recipe below and learn how to make this delicious Saute Of Shrimps.
- 1 pound of fresh shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 glass of white wine
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of anchovy sauce (optional)
- 2 egg yolks, well-beaten
- Fried bread (cup-shaped pieces) for serving
1. Start by melting the butter in a stewpan over medium heat. Allow it to melt completely and become frothy.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the flour, salt, and cayenne pepper to the stewpan. Stir continuously to form a smooth mixture. Be careful not to let it burn, as it should only turn a golden brown color.
3. Immediately pour in the glass of white wine while stirring the mixture. This will deglaze the pan and infuse the sauce with a delightful flavor. Make sure to stir well to incorporate all the ingredients.
4. Add the peeled and deveined shrimps to the stewpan. Stir gently to coat the shrimps with the sauce.
5. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the stewpan. This will add a tangy touch to the dish, balancing the flavors.
6. If desired, add a teaspoon of anchovy sauce for a subtle umami taste. This is optional but can enhance the overall depth of flavor.
7. Remove the stewpan from the heat and slowly add the well-beaten egg yolks while stirring continuously. This will thicken the sauce and add richness to the dish.
8. Place the cup-shaped pieces of fried bread on individual serving plates or a large platter.
9. Carefully spoon the sauteed shrimps onto the fried bread cups. Ensure each cup is generously filled with the flavorful shrimps and sauce.
10. Serve the Saute Of Shrimps immediately while still hot, as this dish is best enjoyed when fresh and piping hot. The combination of the warm shrimps, buttery sauce, and crispy fried bread is simply irresistible.
- Shrimps have been an integral part of human diets for thousands of years. Ancient civilizations such as the Egyptians and Greeks enjoyed various dishes incorporating shrimps.
- Shrimps are a great source of lean protein and are low in calories, making them a healthy option for seafood lovers.
- Sauteing shrimps allows for quick cooking and the retention of their natural flavors and tenderness.
Similar Recipe Dishes:
- If you enjoy Saute Of Shrimps, you may also like Shrimp Scampi. This Italian dish features sauteed shrimps in a garlic and butter sauce, served with pasta or crusty bread.
- Another similar dish is Shrimp Stir-Fry, popular in Asian cuisines. It involves quickly cooking shrimps with vegetables and flavorful sauces, resulting in a colorful and satisfying meal.
- For a twist on Saute Of Shrimps, you can try adding other ingredients such as diced tomatoes, minced garlic, or chopped fresh herbs to tailor the dish to your personal taste.
Enjoy your delicious Saute Of Shrimps and savor the flavors of the sea!