Russian Goulash Recipe
Russian Goulash Recipe:
Russian Goulash is a traditional dish that originates from Russia. Goulash itself is a Hungarian dish, but its popularity has spread to many countries, including Russia. It is believed that goulash was introduced to Russia during the time when Hungary and Russia had a strong political and cultural relationship. Russian Goulash is a hearty and flavorful dish that is loved by many due to its rich taste and simple ingredients.
1. Goulash originally comes from Hungary and is a staple dish in Hungarian cuisine. It is traditionally made with beef, onions, and paprika, and is cooked slowly in a thick broth.
2. Russian Goulash is a variation of the traditional Hungarian goulash, adapted to suit Russian taste preferences.
3. The addition of green pepper and garlic in this Russian Goulash recipe adds a unique twist to the dish, giving it a delicious flavor.
- 1 pound beef, free from fat and cut into stew-sized pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 blades of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water, as needed
- 1 medium-sized can of tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti or macaroni
1. In a large pot, add the beef, green pepper, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Pour enough water into the pot to cover the ingredients.
3. Place the pot over medium heat and allow the mixture to simmer until the meat is very tender. This may take around 1-2 hours, so make sure to check and stir occasionally.
4. Add a little water as needed to prevent the mixture from drying out.
5. About an hour before the dish is ready to serve, add the can of tomatoes to the pot.
6. Stir well and let it cook for another hour or so, allowing the flavors to meld together.
7. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti or macaroni according to the package instructions and set aside.
8. Just before serving, add the cooked spaghetti or macaroni to the pot and mix thoroughly until the pasta is heated through.
9. Make sure not to make the dish too wet, so allow the excess water to cook away before adding the tomatoes.
10. Serve Russian Goulash hot and enjoy the savory flavors.
Similar Recipe Dishes:
1. Hungarian Goulash: The original goulash recipe from Hungary consists of beef, onions, and paprika. It is slow-cooked to perfection and is typically enjoyed with fresh bread or dumplings.
2. Beef Stroganoff: Another popular Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff features sauteed beef strips in a creamy mushroom sauce. It is often served with rice or noodles and is a delicious alternative to Russian Goulash.
3. Borscht: A famous Russian traditional soup made with beets, potatoes, cabbage, and meat. It is a colorful and hearty soup that is beloved in Russian cuisine.
4. Pelmeni: Pelmeni are Russian dumplings that are typically filled with a mixture of ground meat, such as beef or pork, and onions. They are served with sour cream and can be enjoyed as a main course or as an appetizer.
Russian Goulash is a comforting and satisfying dish that brings together the flavors of meat, tomatoes, and pasta. Its rich taste and simplicity make it a crowd-pleasing meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.