Stewed Goose, Piquante Recipe
Stewed Goose, Piquante Recipe:
Stewed Goose, Piquante is a classic dish that originated in Hungary. It is a flavorful and comforting dish that has been enjoyed for generations. This recipe combines the tender meat of the goose with a tangy and rich piquante sauce, creating a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Goose has been a popular meat for centuries due to its rich flavor and tender texture.
- The use of vinegar and lemon in the piquante sauce adds a refreshing tang to the dish, balancing out the richness of the goose meat.
- Hungarian cuisine is known for its hearty and flavorsome dishes, and Stewed Goose, Piquante is a perfect example of the country's culinary traditions.
- 1 whole goose, skinned and cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few cloves
- 1 tablespoon goose fat (or vegetable oil)
- Half a tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Lemon peel (optional, for garnish)
1. Start by preparing the goose. Remove the skin and cut the goose into pieces.
2. In a large pot, add the goose pieces and season them with salt, pepper, cloves, and a little lemon peel.
3. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer the goose over low heat for about 2-3 hours, or until the meat is tender and easily falls off the bone.
4. While the goose is stewing, prepare the piquante sauce. In a frying pan, heat the goose fat (or vegetable oil) over medium heat.
5. Add the flour to the pan and stir continuously until it turns golden brown, creating a roux.
6. Gradually add the vinegar and the juice of half a lemon to the roux, stirring to combine. This will create a tangy piquante sauce.
7. Once the goose meat is tender, remove it from the pot and transfer it to a serving dish.
8. Pour the piquante sauce over the stewed goose, coating it evenly.
9. Garnish with lemon peel for extra freshness, if desired.
10. Serve the Stewed Goose, Piquante hot and enjoy!
Similar Recipe Dishes:
1. Roast Goose with Apples: In this dish, the goose is roasted to perfection and served with caramelized apples, creating a delightful combination of sweet and savory flavors.
2. Hungarian Goose Goulash: Another popular Hungarian dish, this goulash is made with goose meat, potatoes, and a rich tomato-based sauce, resulting in a hearty and satisfying meal.
3. Goose Confit: Instead of stewing the goose, it is slowly cooked in its own fat until tender and then served with crispy skin and flavorful juices. A luxurious and indulgent dish.
These are just a few examples of the many delicious goose dishes that can be enjoyed. Whether stewed, roasted, or confit, goose meat offers a unique and flavorful dining experience.